Collaboration and Communication
We use a community-led development model based on collaboration and communication to create sustainable solutions for an equitable energy transition. This commitment includes investing millions of dollars into local development, and focusing on priorities outlined by the communities where we live and work.
Offshore Wind Ecosystem Fund
The Ecosystem Fund is a collaboration between Equinor and the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) to foster the offshore wind industry in New York City. The Ecosystem Fund will contribute $5 million towards the following objectives:
- Scaling the talent pipeline in offshore wind-related careers
- Supporting low-income New Yorkers and New York City Housing Authority residents in the green energy transition
- Growing the green energy innovation ecosystem in New York City
The Ecosystem Fund is governed by two committees:
- A Strategy Development Committee is responsible for developing investment
strategies that align with the three objectives outlined above, as well as a
monitoring and evaluating program to assess performance.
- A Selection Committee charged with identifying suitable organizations and/or
partners to execute on the Strategy Development Committee’s recommendations. We
believe that Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE) contractors,
based in and registered with New York City or New York State, should be well
represented in the project. We have set a targeted 30% participation goal.
The Fund is now accepting applications. Details are available here.