We choose suppliers who operate in accordance with our values, and maintain high standards for health, safety and environment (HSE), ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Major infrastructure developments like Empire Wind bring a wide range of economic development opportunities for businesses, and create jobs, which generates a range of positive impacts for communities.
How to Join our Offshore Wind Supply Chain
NYSERDA OFFSHORE WIND SUPPLY CHAIN DATABASE
Empire Wind will provide New York companies with the opportunity to provide goods and services to the project. Together with our contractors, we will use the NYSERDA Offshore Wind Supply Chain Database as our main portal to source potential New York State suppliers. You can request listing on the database or update your company’s information on the database.
What kind of suppliers are used in offshore wind projects?
Empire Wind will award key contracts for the development, construction, and operation of our offshore wind projects. Empire Wind’s key contractors will engage the supply chain to source goods and services, and to establish further contracts and services for the project.
The following contracts/agreements have been awarded for Empire Wind:
- Export Cable EPCI – Nexans
- Inter Array Cables – Prysmian Group
- Wind Turbine Generators – Vestas
- Wind Turbine Installation Vessel – Maersk together with Kirby Offshore Wind
- Wind Turbine Foundations Design – COWI
- Detail Design of Port Facilities Including Operations and Maintenance Base – Jacobs
- Empire Wind 1 Electrical System Design and Onshore Substation – GE-Bond
- Service Operations Vessel – Edison Chouest Offshore
- Subsea Rock Installation – Van Oord and Great Lakes Dredge & Dock
- Transportation and installation of foundations and offshore substations – Heerema